The NetLibrary audiobook I downloaded won't play. Can you help?
You'll need to take the following steps in order to successfully use NetLibrary online audiobooks:
- Remember that netLibrary's online reader and audiobooks require MS Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher.
- Although netLibrary claims to support several other online media players, we strongly recommend that you use Windows Media Player 9.0 or higher.
- In Internet Explorer, select Tools...Internet Options...Security (tab) and add www.netlibrary.com to your list of trusted sites.
- When you select a download link on the netLibrary site, choose the Open option (not Save) for the audio file you are downloading.
- Allow ActiveX controls from www.netlibrary.com to run if you are prompted to do so during download.
If you still have difficulty playing a downloaded netLibrary audio file, please come by the Ford Library reference desk between 10am and 5pm weekdays for assistance.